Thursday 7 March 2013

Integrating skills through songs

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to congratulate Neda for the great course she has given us and all the brilliant ideas she has shared with us.
I also wanted to let you know that I have already put into practise some of her activities, in particular the one involving the song "Something". I really liked that activity because it worked all skills, students had to collaborate to reach a goal, it is quite enjoyable and it promotes creativity. For all these reasons, I adapted it for my 3rd ESO students. I used the song "Love is all around" and we dealt with the topic of St Valentine's Day, love, relationships, etc... and it worked quite well! Students were more willing to listen and to write, and also very interested in reading what their classmates had written. I will definitely use it again.

I really enjoyed this course. Hope there is another one next year!

Elena Luque

No comments:

Post a Comment